Recently, I read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. This book has been revolutionary in my life. Voskamp beautifully imparts the power of Eucharisteo, living in a continual posture of gratitude. As I strive to knead more eucharisteo into my life, I am finding that this small practice of grouping favorite things helps lead me into thankful living.
My 10 Current Favorite Sounds
(in no particular order)
1. "I love you" whispered before I fall asleep
2. My boys playing together
3. Our garage door closing because I know that Eric has parked his bike and is home for the day
4. Laughter puncturing the dark morning quiet as I do my long run with my bestest girl friend Jen
5. The opening theme song from Downton Abbey. Pathetic I know, but I am totally obsessed
6. Three and five year old little voices singing the "Jesus Song" (aka Jesus Loves Me) before bed
7. Coffee brewing
8. Nap time
9. Knitting needles clicking
What are some of your favorite sounds? Please share with us about the sounds that make you smile!