Thursday, August 30, 2012

Authenticity


I re-stumbled upon a book that I have been intending to read for quite a while.

 I sat enveloped by grace in a living room of beautiful women who took turns sharing intimate and intense pains that had birthed joy. I watched the tears tears often slipping down their cheeks and sat in awe at the vulnerability and comfort.

 A friend posted a link this morning to an amazing post that resonated and inspired.

I often find that when God is trying to teach me something He will repeatedly knock. Using seemingly unconnected sources He knocks until I finally open the door. Allowing him to enter another room of my heart that so desperately needs his presence.

Authenticity.  Repeatedly God is massaging this word into my mind and heart. Authenticity.
Authentic
: not false or imitation : real, actual 
: true to one's own personality, spirit, or character
Merriam Webster Dictionary 
 
But what does authentic living really look like in my life and in yours?  I have decided to open the door.  I desire for Him to enter and transform.
 
Today I am beginning a series on authentic living.  I hope that you will join me in the coming days as I seek to discover what God has to teach and how He will create beauty in our worlds when we choose to live lives of authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment